Breve' Art

Breve' Art
I love free pouring these

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Oops!

I am new to blogging, so there are bound to be mistakes in the early going.
Here's the first:
I neglected to include a very important step in my espresso ritual, wiping and purging the steam wand after steaming!
This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I see steam wands in commercial espresso stands/shops, and hotels/restaurants with layers and layers of old milk dried and baked on them. Yuck and triple ew!! Not only is this unsanitary and unsightly, it is so unnecessary. All that is required is to keep a clean wet cloth handy, and use it to wipe the wand after each use, simple!
Purging is also important because milk can get sucked up into the steam wand when you turn off the steam.
So let's all wipe and purge before and after steaming, shall we?
More to come,
Basspresso

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers